The Benefits of Lemon Water
While adding lemon to water is nothing new, some of lemon water’s benefits are just now making the rounds on the health and fitness front. Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits — one cup of fresh lemon juice has 187 percent of you daily recommended serving of vitamin C! Lemon juice is also packed with potassium, magnesium, and copper.
For such an easy drink, lemon water has innumerable benefits. Check out the list below to see just how amazing lemon water is for your mind and body!
- Aids in digestion and detoxification.
- The acidity in lemon juice tricks the liver into producing bile, which helps keep food moving through the digestive process smoothly. Lemon water is also known to relieve indigestion and ease an upset stomach.
- Great source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body needs it, but it doesn’t make it on its own. Lemons are an amazing source of vitamin C! Why is this nutrient so important? Studies show vitamin C is crucial for proper immune system function!
- Rejuvenates skin.
- The antioxidants found in vitamin C fight damage caused by free radicals and help rejuvenate skin! Consuming enough vitamin C helps your body continue to produce collagen, which is essential in smoothing out lines in the face, so regular consumption of vitamin C can lead to younger-looking skin and less wrinkles!
- Helps with weight loss efforts.
- Lemons contain pectin, a type of fiber that helps you feel fuller, longer. Lemon water can help you fight those sugar cravings and lose those last few pounds!
- Boosts mood and energy.
- Just the scent of lemon has been found to reduce stress levels and improve mood. Plus, lemons are packed with negative-charged ions, which, once they enter your digestive track, result in increased energy levels! Two birds, one stone.
Today, grab yourself an ice cold glass of lemon water and reap the benefits while feeling refreshed and rejuvenated!