Experts estimate that almost 90% of all professional athletes use chiropractic care to increase their performance potential and ward off injuries. In fact, every National Football League team uses a chiropractor! The benefits of chiropractic care have been used by athletes such as Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Spieth, Gerald Wilkins, Tom Brady, and many more have often credited chiropractic with improving their game and keeping them healthy.
So why do athletes continue to turn to chiropractic? Check out these 5 ways that athletes benefit from chiropractic care:
1. Undo the punishment the body takes in sports. No matter what sport you play, it takes a toll on the body. If your spine becomes out of alignment, performance drops. Regular adjustments keep the spine aligned, nerves firing on all cylinders, and athletes in the game.
2. Decreases pain. The spine contains several pain-sensitive tissues and if there are any subluxations in the spinal column, pain, stress, and strain may occur. Through spinal manipulation, chiropractic adjustments have proven to be consistently better than other medical options in reducing back pain and restoring normal function.
3. Injury prevention + Performance enhancement. Any doctor of chiropractic (DC) that treats athletes should focus on treating the whole person, not just the spine. Numerous studies show that with chiropractic care, athletes have fewer injuries and better performances.
4. Treats a variety of injuries. Chiropractic is effective in treating a variety of sports injuries — whether its shoulder pain, back pain, headaches, hip pain, etc. By treating the spine through adjustments, healing time from injuries can be shortened, improving performance.
5. Non-invasive and drug free treatment. Many studies show that chiropractic treatment helps athletes recover from injuries without the need for painkillers or surgery, allowing them to get back in the game sooner!