20 Things To Do In Your 30’s That Will Make Life Better In Your 50’s
Let’s be honest, growing up is hard to do. Someone asked several 50+ year olds about things they wish they’d done in their younger years that would’ve made life simpler where they are now.
If you’ve recently hit the big 3-0, or are just looking for easy ways to improve your future, check out this list of 20 things to do in your 30’s that will make life easier in your 50’s!
- Don’t smoke. If you’ve started, stop — NOW.
- Stop eating junk and fill your body with whole foods.
- Maintain or fix relationships with parents and siblings.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Exercise regularly!
- Save as much money as you can — every little bit helps.
- Teach yourself to be content with what you have.
- Pursue your goals immediately.
- Sleep! Between 7 to 9 hours a night.
- Take care of your teeth – brush, floss, go to the dentist.
- Focus on making memories instead of buying things.
- Give back by volunteering your time.
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Read at least 12 books per year.
- Travel, often.
- Learn to take time to relax.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Keep a journal.
- Buy a house! If you purchase in your 30s, it’ll be paid for in your 50s!
- Take care of your friendships.